What's the latest at Lawton Cosmetic Dentistry?
We want to reassure each and everyone of you that our office is following the guidelines established by the CDC. This protocol includes protection of all our patients from all viruses and diseases including, but not limited to the COVID-19 Coronovirus Disease. Our office has the highest standards to provide a safe environment to protect the health of each and every one of our patients. While this risk is a major concern for everyone, we want to encourage you not to neglect your oral health, since it has a big effect on your overall health. Thank You in advance for the trust and confidence you place in our office.
At the recommendation of the American Dental Association and our continuous effort to maintain a safe environment for our patients and staff. Please advise our office if any of the following applies to you:
1. Have you traveled internationally within the past 14 days?
2. Have you been in close contact with another person who has been diagnosed with or under investigation for COVID-19? or
3. Do you have a fever and/or cough and shortness of breath?
Your cooperation with the screening process is greatly appreciated.
2019 Dental Alumnus of the Year
A native of Oklahoma City, Dr. Juan Lopez graduated from St. Mary’s High School and later attended the University of Central Oklahoma, where he received his Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry. He went on to earn his doctor of dental surgery degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry in 1991.
In 1992, he established a private practice in Lawton, Oklahoma, where he has practiced as a general dentist for the past 27 years.
Dr. Lopez is a fellow of the American College of Dentists and the Pierre Fauchard Academy. He is active in many professional dental organizations, including the American Dental Association, the Oklahoma Dental Association, and the Comanche County Dental Society.
He is a past president of both the Oklahoma Dental Association and the Comanche County Dental Society. In addition, he served as an American Dental Association Delegate in 2018.
In 2013, Dr. Lopez was presented with the Oklahoma Dental Association’s Distinguished Presidents Leadership Award for outstanding service and leadership to the association.
He was chair of the 2018 Oklahoma Mission of Mercy, a two-day free dental clinic serving the needy and underprivileged throughout the state of Oklahoma. And, in 2013, he was the co-chair of the Oklahoma Mission of Mercy held in Lawton.
Dr. Lopez is also a loyal supporter of the OU College of Dentistry. He is a member of the J. Dean Robertson Society Board of Trustees, and serves as chairman of the JDR Diversity Scholarship Selection Committee. He also serves as a member of the college’s Admissions Committee.
Active in his community, he is the recipient of the Wayne Gilley Ambassador Award for Community Services presented by the Lawton-Ft. Sill Chamber of Commerce.
Dr. Lopez & the Oklahoma Dental Association
"We are proud to be a supporter of the #ChampionsofHealth that raises funds for the Oklahoma Caring Foundation. Congratulations to all of this year's winners and finalists. We are encouraged by your work improving the health of Oklahoma. The ODA was represented by President Dr. Shannon Griffin, along with Immediate Past President Dr. Juan Lopez and Dr. Dan Wilguess. Jamie Lee Curtis was the inspiring keynote speaker and spoke boldly about her past opioid addiction and recovery."
Dr. Juan R Lopez is proud to be a J.Dean Robertson Dean's Circle Member!
Since its inception in September 1988, the J. Dean Robertson Society has provided the necessary funding for the college's initiatives. Below are areas in which your gift makes an impact:
• In 2012, the OU College of Dentistry set into motion a plan to invest in our own future. Our building, which had been primarily untouched since its completion in 1976, was in need of major renovations. As such, J. Dean Robertson Society's Board of Trustees made a $500,000 commitment to the college to fund, in part, some of the necessary renovations.
• Each year, through the J. Dean Robertson Society, the college awards $60,000 to scholarships for both dental and dental hygiene students. By the fall 2020 semester, this number will grow to $100,000 in scholarships.
• In addition, each year the J. Dean Robertson Society provides $50,000 towards Indigent Care, for patients that are unable to afford the cost of their treatment.
• Through the J. Dean Robertson Society, students are afforded opportunities to conduct research projects that inspire innovation and will change the future of dentistry.
• Students are also provided the opportunity to participate in externships, which allows them even more hands-on experience while providing dental care in more rural communities throughout the state of Oklahoma.
• Furthermore, your gift to the J. Dean Robertson Society will provide academic support, such as tutoring services, for our students; and supports student recruitment efforts, to ensure we reach the brightest dental and dental hygiene students.